VELscope Vx – for a Clean Bill of Health
- Helps dental professionals find oral mucosal abnormalities, including oral cancer.
- Over 10,000,000 examinations performed
- Recognized by the World Health Organization
- The most powerful tool available for assisting in the discovery of oral abnormalities.
Oral Cancer and Oral Disease
The VELscope Vx helps us identify oral disease early, while it’s still easy to treat. One of the VELscope’s most important tasks is to help locate areas that might, if not treated, progress to oral cancer.
- Found early, oral cancer’s 5-year survival rate is good: approx.. 83%
- Found late, oral cancer’s 5-year survival rate is poor: approx.. 32%
- Clearly, finding oral cancer in its early stages is key to survival.
The VELscope Vx offers hope for the early discovery of oral disease, including pre-cancer and cancer.
Tobacco and chewing tobacco, along with alcohol, are the leading causes of oral cancer. Over the last four decades, the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV), known for its role in cervical cancer, has been showing up on increasing numbers of oral cancer cases.
Why Use the VELscope Vx?
- The VELscope’s blue light stimulates natural fluorescence in the soft tissues of your mouth.
- Natural fluorescence, seen through the VELscope Vx allows dental professionals to see disease not visible with the naked eye.
- The VELscope Vx helps us discover oral disease BEFORE it can be seen under ordinary light.
VELscope Vx: The Two-Minute Exam That Could Save Your Life
How many little sores do we find in our mouths? Dozens? Hundreds? More? Most of the time we ignore them, and they simply go away.
But sometimes our mouths keep secrets. That’s why we use the VELscope Vx Enhanced Oral Assessment System.
The VELscope Vx Helps Us:
- Improve our assessment of your overall oral health.
- Ensure that the delicate tissues of your mouth are healthy.
- Protect you from oral disease, including oral cancer.
All this in two minutes, with no rinses, stains or discomfort.
Curious About The Advanced Technology We Utilize?
Call our office to learn more about how we use different technologies to bring you the best dental experience possible.